Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Optrons helios?

scotttumsh01

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi scott welcome to sgl :) from bedfordshire.

helios is the original skywatcher make. they are pretty good scopes in my opinion more robust than the current skywatchers.

but the ones on ebay at the present are not the old helios ones they look like a newer version woth the same name maybe?

helios is the original skywatcher make. they are pretty good scopes in my opinion more robust than the current skywatchers.

but the ones on ebay at the present are not the old helios ones they look like a newer version woth the same name maybe?

Quite right :)

The original Helios scopes were good scopes - generally gloss black with the brand name in white along each side of the tube.

Some of the ones that are currently being labeled as Helios seem to resemble Seben's or similar - not so good !.

It's a minefield for newcomers to the hobby isn't it ?

Hi Scot

A very warm welcome to the SGL

Scopes- I think you mean Opticron and they are for day time spots , bird watching ect You should be looking for a Sky watcher 130p or if you have more cash Sky watcher 200mm it's more money but a lot more fun , please ask any question the guy and gals on here are so helpful

Doug

Essex

Quite right :)

The original Helios scopes were good scopes - generally gloss black with the brand name in white along each side of the tube.

Some of the ones that are currently being labeled as Helios seem to resemble Seben's or similar - not so good !.

It's a minefield for newcomers to the hobby isn't it ?

dont get me started on sebens excuse for a telescope :)

thanks to all who have welcomed me!!!! the telescope optrons helios that i have mentioned is said to be a 150 x f/750 does that sound about rite? as i am not very sure!!!! although the seller hasnt stated if its a parrabolic mirror or not.

Hi Scott, welcome to the Lounge.

I would be very wary of that scope you are looking at, maybe wait until you have fifty posts on here and a months membership, it will get you access to the "For Sale" section of this forum. I have bought a number of items from fellow members, including my scope and have been very happy with my purchases.

Good Luck.

Archived