Narrowband

New Member from the New Forest

TJSnapper

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi TJ and welcome

Don't worry about newbie questions - I've asked loads myself and always get polite well informed friendly answers no matter how stupid I appear!

I am amazed how giving people are of their time here, i have had some really great conversations already via PM and reading the forum as well has, hopefully got me going in the right direction.

Wow, many thanks for the warm welcome guys, I have downloaded Stellarium, and what a magnificent resource it is, excellent for getting to grips with the basics, (and I am sure beyond as well). Had a semi-clear night last night so managed to get out and ID a fair few constellations. Decided that ISO 3600 is not the way to go with imaging LOL so am looking into stacking software that can be used on a Mac!

Initially thought of getting an EQ mount to put my camera on and try from there then add a scope to it when funds allow.

Once again thanks for the welcome and a special thanks to Andyuk who has been providing lots of info and ways for me to spend money via PM :(

Tristan

Hi Tristan - welcome.

There is a piece of software for the mac called Keith's image stacker. I've read a few good things about it but never managed to make it work myself. I've resorted to deep sky stacker on an old XP laptop.

vds

Archived