Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Member from the New Forest

TJSnapper

Hello everyone. Firstly, a big thanks to all contributors to the forum as I have been lurking, learnt a tiny bit and see myself very much at the foot of the learning curve with a steep but enjoyable climb ahead.

I don't own any sort of telescope at the moment but have plenty of camera kit so will have to be content with tripod and camera so far as mage taking is concerned, for the moment at least. I thought that rather than rush into buying astrophotography kit, it would be best to get aquatinted with the subjects first then, when armed with the appropriate knowlege / cash :) dive in.

Having said that my girlfriend's brother has a 5" scope that we set up the other night and the view of 1/4 of the moon was breathtaking, although it was moving at a hell of a lick across the sky :)

Look forward to meeting some of you and apologies in advance for the newbie questions that I am about to ask :).

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi TJ, welcome to the forum.

If you need some help or want to meet up with some other like minded folk, then South Coast Astro meet up in the New Forest once a month. All very casual, just a bunch of members from this forum meeting for a look through the scopes and a good chat.

Many thanks Russ, would love to meet up with you guys, I am a complete newbie but would love the chance to pick peoples brains etc. You can do all the reading you like but somehow I seem to get more of face to face knowledge gathering :)

Drop me a PM when you are next meeting.

Thanks

Tristan

Welcome :)

Just pop along to a SCAG meet, we've all dabbled in photography be it with DSLR's or CCD's so im sure we can give you loads of do's and dont's with regards to setups, equipment, etc ... plus its great to do some social astronomy :)

Shaun

Archived