SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Simeis 147

prokyon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having tried for this target a few times before, I know exactly how dim this sucker is. I havent (until recently) seen any decent images of it taken from the UK. Its been a few years coming, but I believe the standard and quality of the imagers in the UK (and the kit used) is now getting to a point where this target can be imaged at more than just a faint whisp of "something" and turned into a noisy grainy image. A round of applause for your image, it s a cracking version of an incre3dibly hard target.

Interesting to see that patch of nebulosity on the left of the image, wasnt aware it was there.

Do you mind if I take the larger version of the image to have a play with?

Super stuff, Iḿ in the middle of trying this one myself. I like the extra red nebula on the left.

Also out of curiousity did you think you had a flat problem with the dark circular hole to the right. When I was taking it, I ended up doing more flats. A bit of research on the web and I saw that it seems to be there in all pics of it.

Tom.

There is a great deal of Ha detectable gas all round this object. To the left, as you see, a round one. Off to the right a large extended one. All fairly easy to catch. The hard bit is doing what Werner has done to catch the shocked gas so clearly. Most imagers crop out the extra Neb.

Nice image Werner.

Dave.

Hi folks,

thank you so much for the nice comments.

Do you mind if I take the larger version of the image to have a play with?

Please do it! :)

Also out of curiousity did you think you had a flat problem with the dark circular hole to the right. When I was taking it, I ended up doing more flats. A bit of research on the web and I saw that it seems to be there in all pics of it.

I thought the same, but this is real.

Cheers

Werner

Very good indeed. The Canon EF200L seems top be the instrument of choice here because it has the speed and focal length you need.

Robertm got got it from my place in relatively reasonable time with the same lens and that's one good reason for buying one. I can't wait to give it a go but for now I will keep admiring yours. Great work.

Olly

Archived