Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon With New Camera

Kain

I think it shows promise.

image.jpg

I tried doing how I take them with the canon, putting it on Macro and such, but I don't think it worked as part is in focus, and parts arnt.

Not sure how best to correct that.

I had to use the 2" 26mm EP to take it, as the 1.25 pieces are just too small.

Any tips and such welcome.

Kain

I think it shows promise.

It does! I have an idea about the focus phenomenon - notice that the bits that are out of focus have a blue fringe - I think both can come from bad alignment of everything. If the optics aren't all properly aligned, you can get false colour, and uneven focus. How was it taken, actually? Camera pointed through the EP? Maybe it wasn't pointed in the middle of the objective.

Just an idea. Lovely shot though Kain. With a little contrast boost in photoshop that'll be a cracker.

Andrew

If I am totally honest, I have no idea what infinity focus is, or where I can find it on the camera :insects1:

Andrew - You might be right there, I know the scope is perfectly collimated, and visually thought the EP there is no fringe. Again I think its because I used macro like I do on the canon, which explains why part of the moon is focused and the other isn't. I guess technically speaking this blows the canon out the water, I have to re learn how to take shots with this baby now :)

Over all though, I'm pretty pleased with the results I'm getting. I have to get to grips with this RAW file stuff, as that apparently reduces the problems I have been having with WF shots.

Kain

Kain

You and I are in the same boat. The pic is good. What I think has happened is that the camera is not perfectly aligned to the eyeiece. I had had some trouble getting my camera lined up with the 25mm Ortho I use.

My 5600 works best on the manual setting.

The best pic from last night for me was taken at 1/160 sec F5.6.

I took several pics of varying shutter speeds. It was a case of trial and error.

Cheers

ian

Archived