Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Too good to be true?

pilot_ngb

This must be one of the only forums out there where people are not arguing and fighting. Only joined a week ago and everyone just seem nice to each other :)

Have ordered my star atlas 2000 from Amazon. Hope to get somewhere this weekend with my 10x50 bins. Booked up at Kielder on the 12th Feb.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to agree with Pilot , there is little or no arguing it's a breath of fresh air coming on here and the members are so helpfull with nwebies ( me included )

Long may it continue !

Hi, welcome to SGL :)

No arguing, fighting, flaming or abuse here, just a bunch of good people with a common interest. It is a refreshing change from other websites.

You'll get used to the peace and tranquility :)

Hi Pilot,

Welcome to the most peaceful forum on the internet!

Yes it took me by surprise as well. Not only is everyone calm and pleasant but I am amazed at how many times the 'oldies' answer our 'newbie' questions which are exactly the same!

Nice people and nice community.

Best regards

Chris

It was always the intention to produce a 'Great Place to Be!' even from the heady days of when I were an Admin. SGL is built on core values that other sites should aspire too. (in my opinion)

Glad you like it here...

Rob

Hi Pilot and a warm welcome to SGL :)

Thanks for the nice comments about SGL. It's a very well run site where it's safe for the whole familly to enjoy astronomy without fear of advertisers, flamers, arguers, or any of that unpleasant stuff - enjoy! :)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I would agree that compared to one or two other sites, everything here is fairly calm. What the moderators don't tell you, is that they have strong connections to organised crime and that any silliness from members will require a visit from the 'family' in which you will be 'asked' to settle down!:):D:D

I've already had seven visits since Christmas, its got to the point where I've had a front door key cut for them!:)

Clear skies

James

Hi Pilot!

And welcome to SGL!! You're right there mate!!! We folks alway's get on with each other this forum!!!

Ever since I've joined, there as never been any arguements concerning with this subject. Everyone in SGL shares useful info and advice, which had help me no end and also saved my money due to important advice I've followed with more experinced fellow astronomers.

And I would like to say very big thank you to all members of SGL, who had helped me no end and reinforced my interest in Astronomy much more now!!

Thanks Guys!:)

Hi Pilot, a warm welcome to the SGL forum, exactly why I joined some time ago now, my previous experiences involved rudeness, character assassination, stupid and childish banter, enough said. Long may the Moderators keep our forum safe :)

John.

Hi Pilot,

I'm a new arrival here at the Lounge, so welcome from me. It is a great resource and filled with so much stuff that I'm struggling to choose which thread to follow next!

Can I hijack this thread?........

What is a 'flamer' - it was mentioned earlier in this thread? :)

Tim

I actually got a mouthful (or rather a screenfull) of abuse over at the sky at night magazine forum for asking a beginner question and being mixed up about something and I wasn't the first to feel this user's wrath - odd considering he's been a member for less than a week!

Yes, peace and love over here, thank goodness!

Hi Pilot,

I'm a new arrival here at the Lounge, so welcome from me. It is a great resource and filled with so much stuff that I'm struggling to choose which thread to follow next!

Can I hijack this thread?........

What is a 'flamer' - it was mentioned earlier in this thread? :)

Tim

A flamer is someone who hijacks a thread :) only joking.

A very, sometimes exceptionally, rude person mostly found in forums. These persons will use foul language against persons who might have mispelled a word or have another oppion.

Welcome Tim

Welcome Pilot

Archived