Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First time trying deep sky imaging!

quantum64

My mom happened to be out visiting and she has a DSLR. I see all the beautiful pictures that people on this forum take, so I figured it would be fun trying.

I strapped the Cannon Rebel to my scope with my wife's hair tie, and I was literally stunned with the results! I just used the GoTo to track. They still don't compare to most on this forum, but I was happy to get anything.

Equipment:

Skyview Pro 8 EQ w/ GoTo

Cannon Eos Rebel Xti (unfortunately I can't keep this)

Hair tie

Here is the full set I uploaded. Astrophotography - Kyle Williams

This is a preview. :)

i.php?a=1-31-2011-dsos&i=edited_orion-2-.jpg&s=595&cw=&ch=&q=100&wmk=watermark

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this should almost be in the DIY section lol... That is a great first attempt... I should say that i think what you did was a silly idea, AP is an addictuion, and when you get your first hit of it you are hooked. It is going to be a down hill slop from now on, say bye bye to your money lol.

Big thumbs up to the shot though :)

Keiran

thats a super first go....a slight colour adjustment in adding a fraction red and removing blue will show up some more of the faint detailed areas...it could do with a bit of a gradient removal but im sure you get the idea

Thanks Peter! Would love some tips on how you did that. Looks great.

Archived