SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

want a scope now. where from midlands?

From what I've gathered there seems to be a shortage of Skywatcher scopes since the showing of the programme "Stargazers Live". I think I read that people are having to wait till March for a scope - literally till the boat comes in. I think the problem has been that stock was there for Christmas, then a few left over which the above programme cleared up, coupled with what would normally be a quiet time of year for astro retailers has created a 'perfect storm' of a shortage of affordable scopes which has left many frustrated.

If I hear of any I left you know.

James

It usually comes with two ep's 25mm and 10mm plossls. If your lucky there may well be a barlow in there too. These will be enough to get you going till you have enough knowledge to decide what your next (better) ep will be.

Choice of eyepiece is critical so take your time learning about them - meanwhile the supplied ones will be good to start with :)

Double check with FLO what's included when you order.

You could ring OVL direct...they are the importers....they dont sell to the public but if they have got them just place an order with one of many online retailers and ask them to get OVL to post it direct to you....I placed an order at midday and recieved the scope within 24 hours.

Paul.

Personally I would put up with a wait in order to buy from a good source. That means a tight ship and a knowledge of astronomy. On this forum there have been sagas of disastrous bankruptcies and incompetence. Amongst others, FLO and Ian King get consistently good reviews and that has certainly been my experience.

Olly

FLO do not have the 200P in stock at present (i ordered my one on Monday) but they are placing the order with their improter and getting them to just deliver straight to you. My order status said to expect it to be shipped this week and delivery to be either late this week or next week.

Did you get your scope today yet Lee? Or did you decide to order and wait? ;)

oh i'm definately due to fail in making my first purchase :)

i guess many/most do it? get all excited few days reviewing whats recommended then wanting to buy asap.

the 200p is out of stock all roads!

however "today" i have the GOTO need :) and asperations of wacking a webcam on it and viewing from comfort :) but as said a dob not ideal for this!

i'm sure i'm not the first or last

alas no order placed and undecided at present :(

chin is up tho :o

Archived