Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first successful imaging of Jupiter

digitalight

5408250149_ec76977620_o.jpg

After quite alot of experimenting with my DSLR, Webcam and endless exposure settings I managed to get this image. Made up of a video from my modified Philips webcam and using Registax 5 to process the frames. Telescope: Skywatcher Skyliner 250P

better than mine but im sure im doing something wrong.lol

amy

x

Were these just one single exposure? I found that doing a video of it going a crossed and then using Registax to align and stack the video greatly improves detail over a single frame.

As well with focusing, I too found it difficult to get it just right in the short time you have before it goes off the screen.

It's one of those things that over time and practice we will get better at I guess :)

Just waiting round for nice clear day for some shots of the moon which should be a whole lot easier.

Thanks for your comments everyone :)

That's a great first attempt :)

I find that if you run your avi through Castrator before registax first it centres Jupiter making it easier for reggie, especially if you are not tracking.

Mind you I have only ever had one attempt myself but it definitely centred it for me as mine was all over the place at times.

Webcam Astrophotography by Emil Kraaikamp - Castrator

Would I be right in thinking that the next stage for me is to starting using Barlow lenses, to get more detail from Jupiter and other planets?

The new Dob. telescope didn't come with a 2x barlow lens and the one I do have is from my first telescope.

I think it is low quality because it only has one piece of glass right in the middle that does move about when you shake it. Plus the length of the barlow lens is massive compared with the skywatcher ones I found here

What are the differences and what should I be looking for?

Archived