SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kelling Heath (Spring 2011) Chat Thread

brantuk

Well never got any images, too windy but did some viewing instead.

I was like a ship in full sail most of the time, bit scary, the floor of the tent was like waves & the tent flapping & bowing in all day & night!!

It took 6-8 people to help with each tent, & thanks to the chaps from Ashford club, and a couple of others whose names I have forgotten, for helping me

We all had a good time, good laugh, nice to meet a few people & see what equipment they had, & thanks to Kim for keeping everyone informed.

Fay

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame we had to miss this :D but situations arise you can't control. In all though it's a good job we didn't bring our tent along, as it would have sailed away in the wind easy as it's so big...taking anyone holding it down with it :icon_eek: I was hoping to have a shot at imaging, but with the sound of it that wouldn't have happened either. Good to hear you all had a good time :rolleyes:

I had a great time at Kelling. On the Friday night I managed to observe Saturn, NGC 2371, M101 and M95/96. I gave up in the end because of the wind was making the scope shake. Sat night there was no wind! The sky was improving the later it got. I went through my list of obscure objects I wanted to observe. I managed to bag NGC40, NGC3521, NGC7510, NGC5466, NGC5248 and NGC4565. I did a sketch of NGC4565, which is a very nice edge on galaxy. M81/82 were looking good as always. I called it a night at about 2.30 am.

• 2 months later...

Archived