SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kelling Heath (Spring 2011) Chat Thread

brantuk

I was asked earlier this week to knock up the usual mugshots web page, with people's pitch number, real first names, which days they are attending, and the obligatory mugshot picture. I may not get time to do that this week, but its on my to-do list.

So, if you havent had your mugshot on the webpage before, and you`d like to have one this year, prepare to dig out your best portrait :rolleyes:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...I have a silly question...

Is it possible to book for the autumn star party yet too? Knowing how much more popular the autumn one is, and having seen people mention booking the next year whilst attending the current year... I am wondering if it's wise to try and book it now?

I assume dates have been announced for it? Does anyone know what they are?

Cheers!

Ben

Yup - they usually open up the bookings for Autumn during the Spring event, then same again at Autumn for the Spring event. Although I did book both in advance one year. But last year they had a load of alterations to the pitch layout and stalled the spring bookings till Nov 1st. :rolleyes:

...well, fingers crossed :-)

I've booked up the weekend and a couple of days either side... dunno how much time I can actually take up there... but that covers the important bit so I should manage a few days.

It's all getting a bit exciting now... putting in the order for my scope etc on Monday next week... need to pray for a few clear nights between then and the spring party to get it set up and learn how to use it!

Ben

...here's a possibly silly, or possibly already thought of suggestion: Something we did at other hobby events where there were a lot of attendees from a particular forum: stick name-tags on our chests with our log-in name and our real name on them... I now have three hobbies where I only know people by their log-in names :-)

Ben

They're doing that at SGL6 in Hereford I think - but Kelling is a more open public event with people from other places than SGL - the Hereford do is for forum people only :)

Understood... just wondered if it might be useful for those of us who ARE attending from SGL... but if we have a list of people and pitch numbers on here anwyay... we should be ok :-)

Scope order goes in tomorrow... getting itchy to get out and get started now!

Ben

I have just created a new thread for the Kelling Heath Spring 2011 mugshots.

http://stargazerslounge.com/star-parties/132185-kelling-heath-spring-2011-mugshots.html

Oddly, it appears I dont have any images for people attending so far.

So, if you are attending, please post up the details, and I`ll get the detail updated whenever I can.

Well I for one am getting excited now - little more than 3wks to go and we'll be loading up the caravan ready to hit the road. Still haven't decided which scope(s) to bring - probably all of them if I know my own indecision lol :)

Well, I put in my order with FLO yesterday for the first of my bits...

Hopefully picking up an HEQ5 next week.

Need to REALLY get off my backside and get some camping equipment sorted now!!

Hoping to have either an 80ED DSPro or a Megrez 72 on the HEQ5 for some imaging... and all being well something else for some observing while the imaging set up is doing it's job :-)

Really getting excited now.... Just need some hope for the weather!!

Ben

stick name-tags on our chests with our log-in name and our real name on them

I was thinking of doing something like that, but I am on 3 Forums so will have to mention all three with differing names.

Oddly, it appears I dont have any images for people attending so far.

Where do we send the "mugshots"

Or you can use my Forum Logo

Carole

There's usually an info tent (more of a plastic gazebo lol) with a table and a map of the pitches. You can write your names on the squares representing your pitch. It's covered in plastic to keep the elements off. Last time it was near the center of Red Squirrel field :)

We're counting down only 16 days to go now - desperate for a vacation and sooooo looking forward to having a serious go at photography. Five cameras and only ever took one shot of Jupiter - d'you think we've over done it on the cameras? lol :(

Carole - did you See SteveL's "Kelling Mugshots" thread yet? :)

Archived