SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from the converted.

Newastro

Hi to everyone at SGL,

I've been browsing though the posts here at SGL for a while now and think this astro site is great with friendly and helpful people.

I have been an armchair astronomer for quite a while now and have recently been getting a strong urge to go out and observe for myself in the cold and damp down here in Kent :):lol: (guess I'm gonner need some more warm stuff).

Some time ago I bought a set of optics cheap ( 8.75", f7 ) and now I'm trying to build a Newtonian (hope I spelled that right?) for use from by backyard, it's taking a long time as I'm not an engineer, but I guess I'll have to be patient and take the 8x40 bino's out and try to find my way round out there in the universe. I'm sure I will be asking some advice from the people here along the journey to having my own scope.

In the meantime I'd like to wish everyone at SGL a very happy, prosperous and most of all cloud free 2007.

Malcolm.

Archived