Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Going soft?

Tim

After false start yesterday evening when the clouds rolled in, I checked the forecast and saw clouds aplenty inbound, so topped up with a fine dram of Scotlands best and went off to sleep.

However I woke at around 3am and looked up (glass roof in my bedroom) to see that the sky was full of stars. Normally I would quickly dress and roll back the obsy roof and start the cameras rolling, but last night I just climbed back into the warm bed and went back to sleep.;)

It was still clear at 6am, and I have had that nagging feeling about a half decent night wasted all day. Do you guys get this from time to time? Or am I going soft in my old age??? :p

Cheers

Tim

Depends on what you call old .lol

I was woke up by my dogs barking , went to settle them , let them out , looked around outside ,nice clear skies but -5:eek:;)

I love my hobby but my bed was a much softer /warmer option

Have to say that I had a similar experience on Sunday morning and elected to stay in bed despite the recent lack of imaging opportunities. I can work through the night no problem but getting up part way through the night and starting up really doesn't appeal.

I was lucky - I wasn't in bed, but was just off there. I decided to take a turn round the garden and there were stars!!!!

Went to bed at 6am but didnt get up till 2pm:)

Am out there again tonight...we've had so few good nights its a shame to miss them.

I have to own up. Last night was clearish, well you could see stars but i just couldn`t motivate myself. Woke up at 5.30am and it was still clear but i just went back to bed. And heres me moaning i havn`t seen Saturn yet......;)

T x

i managed to drag myself out at 4 this morning went to a dark location on hill till 7 only place i can see venus as well as saturn was nice to watch as the moon was below venus was quite a sight with the colour off the horizon,bit chilly -6,gloves just no good for laptop so numb fingers struggled to unscrew scope to mount bolts lol,worth it but must be mad.

Glad I am not the only one. ;)

I keep a pair of binos by my bed and can use them through my glass ceiling (its not as glamorous as it sounds, I sleep in a conservatory :p) for a quick fix. Didn't even manage that last night though!

Oh well, win some lose some!

Archived