Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt at orion from the garden

Hi. The pic was taken with a sony alpha 290 and the iso was set at 400,f5 and for 6 seconds.

I am having trouble with the focusing when i use the 18-55 lens as this camera does not have live view. When i use the 75-300 i can focus a lot more easy. As for dark skies,unfortunatly not. I believe i had a play with masking on this one.

I'd suggest taking at least 20 or 30 exposures of the same settings, and then combine them in Deep Sky Stacker... it'll make quite a difference.

After this amount of exposures they stars will have moved quite a bit - I assume using DSS it will align for you?

Hi. The pic was taken with a sony alpha 290 and the iso was set at 400,f5 and for 6 seconds.

I am having trouble with the focusing when i use the 18-55 lens as this camera does not have live view. When i use the 75-300 i can focus a lot more easy. As for dark skies,unfortunatly not. I believe i had a play with masking on this one.

what lense did you use the 18-55 or 75-300 and what mag setting did you use

I used the 75-300 set around 75 if my memory serves me correct. Went out to do some shots last night,only to find my dark site closed, so will continue in the garden until it reopens.

Russ, it certainly is addictive, and will have to also obtain a connecter for the scope.

I have just bought myself a canon eos 500d with 18-55 lense think I will invest in a 55-250 or a 75-300 I fancy taking pictures with my camera first while i make up my mind which telescope to buy but I think I will buy the skywatcher 150p if they are in stok

keep the pictures coming and the settings you use gives me some info on what to use I tried taking pictures of the orion but I could not even see one star withe my old camera LOL

well Done

Archived