Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Shooting star in orion

yoda

Hi all I was looking at the orion nebula at about 6.25 pm (before the cloud came in) with a 10mm EP and a shooting star passed right threw the middle of the FOV amazing to see what are the odds.

Has anybody had a similar experience?.

Don't confuse with satellites, seen many recently whilst playing with the MN optically.

I was also using my MN tonight looking at Andromeda, when a satellite went gently sailing by. Right through the centre of the EP and seemed to take ages to pass. ;)

Tony

I saw one shoot right next to Andromeda at 30x. It was absolutely stunning, streaking almost parrelell with the galaxy, really bright, and with the tail hanging around for ages it seemed (well at least a second!). If I remember right it was part of the Gemenids. For me it was definatley one of my most memorable moments with a telescope.

I saw one shoot right next to Andromeda at 30x. It was absolutely stunning, streaking almost parrelell with the galaxy, really bright, and with the tail hanging around for ages it seemed (well at least a second!). If I remember right it was part of the Gemenids. For me it was definatley one of my most memorable moments with a telescope.

Probably the one I saw, (see above). ;)

Tony

Archived