Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MAXIM

carastro

Is there an idiot guide on how to use this. I found what was supposed to be a tutorial on the internet, but all it did was talk about it's capabilities, instead of actually how to use it.

I am OK currently using my DSLR on Canon Utility, but wondered whether I can use Maxim for webcam imaging and might want to buy a CCD camera at a later date.

Thanks

Carole

like most things learning to use Maxim is a million times easier if you have someone looking over your shoulder. I have been using v4.xx for years now but never used it for DSLR's. I am now on v5 but using it via WIn7 I cannot seem to use my Atik16IC. Otherwise the Atik works just fine with Maxim, you can borrow mine if you want. Maybe if we have another get together for the East Anglia group that can solve most of your problems.

Dennis

That's very kind of your Dennis, yes I wouldn;t mind having a go at using a CCD camera instead of a DSLR at some point. However I can get into Maxim and get it to recognise the camera and get live view on it, but have no idea how to ask it to start imaging. There are so many features on there, could do with just a beginners guide.

I wanted to learn to use it more than anything so I could use my webcam on it and perhaps later a CCD camera.

Otherwise I am using Canon utility OK.

Carole

once the camera is connected and recognised try the Expose tab and just set a one second exposure. You may need to go through some of the set-up rigmarole to tell Maxim there is no guide camera or filter wheel. Do all this before you click on Connect.

You can use the focus tab to do the same thing. Either one will tell the camera to make an exposure.

Have you tried the Tutorials in the Maxim Help files Carole? I've found them very useful in starting out. I actually printed the manual out and have been reading my way through it - its gots loads of useful general imaging information/guidance in there as well as explanations of the Maxim commands.

Helen

Archived