SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Rosette globs - now with colour

Uranium235

Last night proved to be an excellent opportunity to get some OIII subs from the Rosette nebula. But not before grabbing a few more Ha frames.

This time I decided to be choosy in what frames I stack and combine, which meant losing about 30% of the total I had. But in this case, I think less has definitely meant more.

Rosette Nebula (bok globules)

ED80, Atik 314L+, 50mm finderguider

14x600(Ha_L) 6X600(Ha_R) 8x600(OIII_G&:p

Setpoint -15

Thanks for looking ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=49990&stc=1&d=1296329383

post-18171-133877525171_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys :p I took my time and calibrated the gamma on my monitor for processing this one (which seems to have helped when judging levels). Though it makes me wish I had an SII filter now ;)

Another thing Ive noticed with the 314L+ is not to route the USB cable anywhere near the power cable of the camera. I lost about 30min worth of data due to corrupted images (big black line across the subs) caused by interference. But It was cured by simply routing the power cable seperately. It something to think about if youre in the habit of taping up your loose cables.

Thanks guys! ;) This one is definitely my first "keeper", id like to add more to it but it probably wont be worth it tonight because theres a lot of high cloud. I might just chill out and watch Top Gear instead.

I'll probably revisit this when I eventually get the WO 0.8x Reducer for the ED80. Now that ive gotten to grips with CCD imaging, im really starting to appreciate how important flatness is. Even though the 285 chip isnt large, its still big enough to show up a few dodgy stars in places.

Archived