SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pulled the trigger ...

Credit card is currently cowering in the corner :p

Ordered:

Explore Scientific 100° 9mm 14mm and 20mm
Explore Scientific 82° 30mm

Should be arriving on Monday! :D

Expecting the clouds to roll over on Sunday evening and remain for several weeks ... ;)

So all we need to do on Monday is to find a postman, who is in desperate need of assistance with the delivery of a large parcel somewhere in South Yorkshire - its going to be tricky to find that postman but I'm going to give it my best shot!!!;):D:D:D

That is a very nice group of purchases and look forward to your review of them.

Clear skies

James

(p.s Can I borrow your credit card?):p

CC has gone into hiding ... ;)

Auntie Beeb is claiming clear skies on Tuesday night :p ... and I have an early train to catch on Wednesday :D

Law of sod 'n' all ...

Here they are! :)

5pRtu.jpg

My old 42mm GSO SuperView on the left, the Mark 3 Hyperion Zoom on the right and a coke can to scale.

Each eyepiece came in it's own box, well packaged internally, measuring 160x190x155mm in matt black. Each eyepiece is supplied with a barrel and eye-lens cap. Nothing whizzy, just very functional.

These beasties are heavy:

30mm 82° weighs in at 1030g
20mm 100° is 968g
14mm 100° is 872g
9mm 100° is 657g

They feel very substantial and well built. I'm already a fan of the tapered barrel arrangement. No problems threading any of my filters onto any of the eyepieces. The glass looks gorgeous, although I've not had the opportunity to take them out to play yet, and according to Auntie Beeb, it's looking unlikely for at least the next week, so a first light report is going to have to wait. :)

Well I managed to sneak a few minutes this evening, although I nearly got caught out when a big raincloud came over and chucked it down for a while.

So ... I'll summarise.

WOW!

Just ... WOW!

These things are astonishing. :( Everything is easy (although the telrad helps ...) The clarity and field of view blow your socks off. Orion nebula was the best I've ever seen it, including through my old 16" lightbridge. Double cluster and bode's nebula fitted comfortably in the FoV of the 30mm.

It's getting very cold and breezy now, and I have an early start tomorrow, so I've called it a night. I don't know if you can tell, but I really am very pleased with these new eyepieces ... :)

I'll do a proper report when weather and work allow me to spend a few hours with them.

Archived