SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Straight Wall with Tal1 reflector and mobile phone

SteelRat

The wall is there alright, gotta give it to that mobile, it sure does produce some lovely shots. Just out of interest, what model is your trusty Samsung? You have probably mentioned it somewhere, but I'm too lazy to trawl through your past posts... :)

Caz

Thanks very much peeps :thumbright:

Caz - it's the D900, though to be honest my old Nokia 6630 probly would've given it a run for it's money. The Samsung's a REET pain to line up and the image delay is awful. Still I s'pose that's the price you pay for higher res and a more stylish phone, pah! - I miss my silver brick :lol:

Will have to adapt my Samsung bracket to work with the baby Tal - should make things a little easier :)

I was going to give my other halfs phone a whirl, but its only the D500, but you never know. I'm expecting the Motorola v3i next week, so that will be something else to stick to the ep.... All these gadets to try, and so little clear sky :)

Caz

D500's got a 1.3mp same as my old Nokia - should get you something nice on the moon :) The camera lens is probably in the same place as my samsung though so may be a pig to line up till you've got the hang of how it likes to look down different ep/barlow setups. Oh, and a good moon filter required. The 1.3's need it.

so little clear sky :)

Can't wait for a good lengthy clear spell - was hoping to get a longer session out with the T1. Bet you're goin barmy looking at that nice new camera of yours?

Sigh - chin up eh? :lol:

'Barmy?' Thats the understatement of 2006, I had a brief encounter with the moon and my camera this evening, the results where less than pleasing, soon went in the bin (the pics, not the camera)!!!

Chin up? Thats the second time someone has sad that to me today, its not much to ask is it for a little bit of clear sky... :)

Heh, thanks for that mate - but I saw your moonshots tonight... real nice stuff. I reckon shot 4's a peach! That D600's a 2mp jobbie - t'd give a good go at the moon n probly getcha a crack at Saturn too :)

Cheers for the nice comments all :thumbright:

Baader film and solar work next year methinks :lol:

Thanks folks. Seeing it in the cold light of day - I'm dead chuffed with it. Glad I went back outside for another go.

Am getting use to the phone now. To be honest I'm more than impressed with the little scope and mount - even though it's undriven. Should've bought me a Tal1M before they got discontinued, sigh.

Cheers all :)

Archived