SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What next?

Ok so ive had a good couple of nights star gazing with my new celerston 15x70 bins and found a couple of interesting stars, saturn is bright and smack bang outside my bedroom window teasing me to be viewed through a scope! So i think im going make my first scope purchase! 8-)

Im liking the idea of GoTo and wanted to ask what set up would you recommend i spend my hard earned pennys on?

Ok so i am new to astronomy so links would be great as all the digits n numers lose me lol!

Thanks for your feed back

Mark

For My first scope im not sure? Would u recomend just buying the best i can get for my money straight away or should i get a half decent one get use to the workings of one then build from there? Im prob looking up to about ££200-300. i could prob stretch a bit more if its needed but obviously be nice to get a first decent scope for less than £300 if i could. The goto system aint a must have i just thought it would be nice to have that option.

Mark.

Hi mark welcome to sgl Reflectors - Skywatcher Explorer 130P SynScan AZ GOTO thats probably the best goto for your money and this is probaly the best scope for your money Dobsonians - Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian the reason that the 2nd one is better is because more of your £300 has been spent on the optics you should be able to see very much more with the 2nd scope if you can find it

Thanks rowan46! I live in elton near chester, i believe the closest shop to me dealing in these kind of scopes is in stockport. I might pop over weekend to have a nose at some but i do like the look of them 2 you showed me, Great prices too! Have u bought from flo before?

Many thanks again!

Mark.

An important thing to consider is whether you want to do astro-photography as this will involve buying a scope with a motorized equatorial mount. I agree with rowan46 that an 8-inch dob is the best value for money as you are not paying for loads of gizmos and an 8inch will show you tons more than the 5inch, so you need to decide whether you want to learn how to find objects yourself or get a goto. I've always preferred getting the best and/or biggest optics possible for the money myself.

Thanks guys! I think a skywatcher skyliner 200p from FLO's it is then.

Just one more thing. As its my first scope and im not very clued up once i have purchased the scope are there any other bits you must buy or is it just buy the scope and im away? I dont need to buy any other little bits to get it working do i?

Archived