Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher autofocuser

IvanT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of our suppliers, HitecAstro, is developing a PC focus controller that should be ready first week in march. It will have an ascom driver and be compatible with Focus Max, Maxim DL, etc. It will probably retail for £65.

HTH :)

Any news?

After reading all this couldnt ressist and ordered one myself from FLO :)

Only it's been 2 weeks and it still haven't arrived yet :(

No answer from FLO on my e-mail either ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Richiebragg there is an earlier post and they do connect to the standard C80ED shaft, I have the GSO crayford focuser and had to make up a little plate for it to attach to but works like a dream.

Still waiting to hear from FLO about the HitechAstro controller..

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if there have been any developments on this HitecAstro DC focuser that FLO were hoping to offer - can't find anything on their website.

Having now completed the remote shutter release for my newly acquired Canon 400D I'm looking at getting the SW motorized focuser and looking at ways of making this controllable from the PC via USB. FLO stated that it should be available in March.

Does anyone know if Glider went into production with his project ?

Does anyone know if there have been any developments on this HitecAstro DC focuser that FLO were hoping to offer - can't find anything on their website.

They have arrived so will be on our website and available for same-day dispatch Monday. We will also offer some here on SGL at a discounted introductory price :)

Thank-you for your patience.

Steve

Steve do you know if these will be controllable using EQMOD?

When/if Hitecastro release their ASCOM driver then is will be possible to use ASCOMPAD to provide a gamepad interface for focuser control.

ASCOMPAD can be configured to share a common gamepad with that used for EQASCOM's mount control (but EQASCOM isn't prerequisite). ASCOMPAD is the only peice of EQMOD software currently providing focuser control.

Chris.

They have arrived so will be on our website and available for same-day dispatch Monday. We will also offer some here on SGL at a discounted introductory price :)

Sorry :(

We should have them ready for Wednesday...

• 3 weeks later...

I got mine installed and setup today, it works fine with Hitecs own autofocuser control, but i could not get it to work with Ascompad or Sharpcap- the ascom software gives you the option to select the hitec focuser, but when you try to 'connect' to it, it then gives a message stating that settings must be made using original software?

Stephen

When/if Hitecastro release their ASCOM driver then is will be possible to use ASCOMPAD to provide a gamepad interface for focuser control.

ASCOMPAD can be configured to share a common gamepad with that used for EQASCOM's mount control (but EQASCOM isn't prerequisite). ASCOMPAD is the only peice of EQMOD software currently providing focuser control.

Chris.

I got mine installed and setup today, it works fine with Hitecs own autofocuser control, but i could not get it to work with Ascompad or Sharpcap- the ascom software gives you the option to select the hitec focuser, but when you try to 'connect' to it, it then gives a message stating that settings must be made using original software?

Stephen

If Hitecastro are to compete with well established products such as shoestring's FCUSB then I would assume their intention would be to produce an ASCOM driver that allows integration with any ASCOM client software and that is not restricted to Hitecs own contorl software. The error message you describe is therefore rather unexpected if it is being generated by the Hitec driver.

I wonder if the message is simply advisory and perhaps ASCOM connection does complete behind the scenes? Does the same message appear with sharpcap as well as ASCOMPAD?

With regard to ASCOMPAD all I can say is that if the HitecAstro driver is fully ASCOM compliant then ASCOMPAD should be able to control it. ASCOMPAD is known to work fine with JMI, OPTEC, Robofocus, lakeside and Shoestring focusers so I don't see any real reason why Hitecastro should prove to be an exception.

I assume hitecastro/FLO must provide some level of technical support for this product as part of their customer service - It might be worth dropping them a line.

Chris.

Archived