SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New Scope arrived today

tommys

My scope, Skywatcher explorer 130p arrived today. I think I set it up correctly. Clear sky all day and guess what? Now a clouded sky. Sods law.

This may be a silly question but how do you transport it? Is there special carriers etc to protect it?

Just ordered the same scope and im clinging to the hope that clear skies will be coming soon. As someone who works nights i know that even when its cloudy in the evenings its generally clear come early hours so i can see lots of late nights waiting for the clouds to dissapear

Got mine a couple of weeks ago and very pleased. Had some great views of the Moon and Jupiter + moons. I discovered that I really needed some better eyepieces though so I bought the Revelation kit from FLO and they are brilliant. Also got a spc900 webcam and adaptor so hoping for more clear skies! Got an RA drive on order!

I transported it to the NLO last Friday. Just seperated the mount and tripod and stuck it on the back seat of the car in some blankets. It was fine!

Most people separate the scope from the mount and put it on the back seat with the seat belt pulled across it. I would further separate any counter weights from the mount as well. I'm sure some people might have a bag they put their scope in but to be honest as long as you don't drop it you'll be fine.

James

Archived