Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Explorer 150P or 150PL

tinsalegend77

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

having received my 150P a few months ago, I think the first thing that went through my mind was the sheer size of it. I'm not sure what I was expecting really but I'm glad I didn't go for the 150PL otherwise I would have had severe storage and transport issues.

Just thought that was worth mentioning.

Very happy with my 150P though. :D

what about the 150PDS :D

The only worthwhile difference is the 10:1 focuser. You'd be better off buying the SW auto focuser to use with the single speed version, as it's only £45. I hear good things about it.

The other difference is the shorter tube/secondary nearer primary set up. As my standard 150P achieves focus with my DSLR with back focus to spare, I don't see the point.

Save a wedge of cash and get the 150P

Hi, I've just bought a 150pl, planetary views are brilliant but i struggle with deep sky objects, I have found 2 galaxies ,last night, but they look like grey smudges, it's still good to see cos i know what they are, m31,m108. I kind of wish i had researched more but at the time i didn't know the jargon and i think i would have chosen the 150p instead. I'm still very happy though.

good luck,

Adamski.

Hi, I've just bought a 150pl, planetary views are brilliant but i struggle with deep sky objects, I have found 2 galaxies ,last night, but they look like grey smudges, it's still good to see cos i know what they are, m31,m108. I kind of wish i had researched more but at the time i didn't know the jargon and i think i would have chosen the 150p instead. I'm still very happy though.

good luck,

Adamski.

Galaxies will still be grey smudges with the 150P as well. DSOs are pretty much all grey smudges when viewing. To see more, you have to image them. Even with a scope twice the size, pretty much all DSOs would be grey smudges... maybe slightly brighter and slightly more detailed, but still grey smudges.

Archived