Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Brett

Skywatcher az goto mount ........... Caput.

Good morning all I need some help :( My az goto mount popped last night after plugging my power lead in. I've done it many many times before without a problem but for some reason something went wrong and it blew the motherboard. I use a 12v tip positive 2000mah adapter for the mount and also a 7ah powerpack for when I'm not at home or cant find the extension lead. Is the motherboard something I can purchase from somewhere or do I have a mount that will no longer function. I have written to OVL in the hope they can help, what makes things worse is that I was about to strike a deal with someone to sell my mount :)

Thanks

Brett

Astroboot on Scopes'n'Skies sell the AZ-goto motherboard. Astroboot is not active at the moment, but they sold the motherboard for £20.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I'm just waiting to hear from OVL I think they're going to sort it for me FOC as its already been in once and only been used 10-15 times at the most in the two years I've had it from new. It's amazing what a strong but kind worded email can do to get you out of strife.

:)

Brett

same thing happened to mine, i got a new mother board (dead easy to replace) from astroboot for £10, with in 10mins of opening the package it came in the mount was going again

Well the mounts with them now, I took a drive there today 113 miles. I was cheaper to do that than pay royal mail £26.

Brett