SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

eq dir

mason

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I seem to be having a few problems with my connection.  I have a USB to TTL converter, it is based on a CH340 chip and in the idle state outputs 0V (I think the EQ6 idle state is 5V) and think it is upside down?  I know the converter works as I can use Hyperterm and with a wired loop back see the characters echoed. 

As it appeared the signals were upside down I wired a 74HC00 chip in as an inverter, but this didn't seem to work either.  Does anyone know the significance of the two 12V and two Ground connections?  I only wired in to one of the ground pins (Pin 5 on the mount) and I see from the wiring diagram that pin 5 is connected to pin 4 and pin 1 is connected to pin 8.

Do these links need making to activate the interface or are they just in parallel in the mount?

I checked the pin connections for the handset and it seems all of these connections are made, yet just one pin would be able to supply enough power.

Anyone know?

Robin

Archived