Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Blackheart

Website advice

Thanks BH,I have been looking at weebly and thought I'd try it but its asking me for a site address, not exactly sure what to put there, I tried typing in nlincsastro but it asks me to try again, I thought that would be ok. Not sure what to try now. :)

If you guys want to find a web template I'll get you a site up. I'd design you one but I don't have the time. It won't be a CMS, just a basic site with your info on and if you don't want to pay for a domain it will have to be under mine. Home - Streamline Labs

You would have something like astroclub.streamlinelabs.co.uk. Other than that you will have to buy your domain for around 7 quid for 2 years. I can stick you a forum up aswell but as I say, the main site will only be simple. The offer is there anyway.

Thinking about it, if you can find CMS you think will suit your needs I'll put that up for you but make sure it has easy to swap templates.

Edited by Beano

I'm sure there are enough knowledgable people on this forum to help with a "template site" for local astro clubs.

<?php

if($php_knowledge >= 10){

$best_solution = "Joomla";

}

elseif($php_knowledge >=5){

$best_solution = "Wordpress";

}

else {

$best_solution = "something hosted with no setup";

}

echo $best_solution;

?>

lol

<?php

if($php_knowledge >= 10){

$best_solution = "Joomla";

}

elseif($php_knowledge >=5){

$best_solution = "Wordpress";

}

else {

$best_solution = "something hosted with no setup";

}

echo $best_solution;

?>

lol

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :):evil6:

10 years of writing php does strange things to you!

I've seen a few funny ones of those around. Some of the things people come up with. I've got another 6 years of writing left then for me :(

Do you design aswell? The other week I spilled some coffee and thought edit>undo :)

That's when you know Adobe are in your head for life!

I'm a certified webmaster.Business is a bit slow right now for me. I have bit of time on my hands.

Any help i can give, i will gladly offer.

I do it all lol. 10 years of php/mysql/html/css/design/Linux/perl and bash, 3 years of C and C++ and most recently I seem to spend most of my time looking after Active directory and Exchange even though I hate MS.

It gets confusing when you are jumping between php and C++!

and I hear what you are saying about undo!

My wife was giving me jip the other day and for a moment I was hoping she would segfault, sadly for me she comes equiped with some well written exception handling.

Hi

I use Mr Site for my website, it is all menu driven and very easy to use. I had the original site up and running in one evening, allbeit 12 pages but I have now expanded it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some of the packages do but it is cheep and easy to use. Have a look at my site Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

to see how it appears

Best wishes

Gordon

Thanks again for all the suggestions and offers...

I am currently checking out Weebly and it seems to be going fine. Will no doubt get back to you when I meet my next hurdle!

Cheers

BH

+1 for google sites.

i dabble in a bit of webdesign at work. if you want to make it all fancy using xml,flash or jquery you can even buy ready made bits & bobs from pro's if you dont fancy making them yourself.

Menu, Gallery, Slideshow, FLV player component - Flash Components

Use flash if you don't want anyone to peruse your site.

Stick with html.