Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Nexus 6

North Lincolnshire Astronomy Society

Hi SGL, I am pleased to announce that a new Astro society will begin holding observing sessions from Monday March 7th from 7pm -10pm at Far Ings National Nature Reserve here in Barton Upon Humber. If you wish to find out more you can contact me via the forum or by e-mail.

nlincsastro@hotmail.co.uk

Hope to see you there :)

Hi Alan that's great ! I'll have to come across please send me some more details and see you on Friday in Brough

Is this still on Alan ?

Hi Matt/Rich

just to confirm the astro society will go ahead! :)

Monday March 7th, 7-10 pm, in the event of the weather being poor we wil have the use of a room and be able to do drinks.

I am hoping to get us a guest speaker for the night. Watch this space :), sorry, everything is in print as I type this post and will be distributed around the local area.

As for how many members we may get, I am unsure as yet, hopefully at least a dozen or so to begin with.

Thanks for all the interest so far.

Will post any more detail as I get it.

Have you sorted a website out yet ?

Hi guys, I'm still working on a website, I am hoping I may get some help on that front when I meet everyone on the 1st night, not my strongest point, would much rather read a book :)

I hope I'll get one set up in due course.

Cheers

Hi.

If you need a hand with the website - give me a yell.

Cheers

thanks for the offer, I hope I may have some luck with someone who attends the 1st meeting but if not I will get back to you :)

thanks for the offer, I hope I may have some luck with someone who attends the 1st meeting but if not I will get back to you :)

no worries :(

I'm not a million miles away anyway.

Hi Alan will you be running this club and ave you had many years Stargazing ?

Hi Supercharged, yes I am running the club, I have almost 4 years observing experience now which means I still know very little ;)

I have only one aim, to observe with other people, of course the weather will play a part, as it always does, but I hope that it willl enable people to gain more knowledge and tips on astronomy on nights where we can't get out due to rain etc :)

I think it would be great to view objects with a few different scopes or bins so we can evaluate together how they appear. :(

cheers

Sounds good Alan , can't wait !

a reminder that a astro society for the North Lincs area will be holding its first meet on Monday March 7th from 7.00pm.

there are more details here :)

Edited by Nexus 6

Good luck with the meetings

thanks DN18, guess you live close to Barton with that postcode ;)

like the collection of bins you have :)

Not long to go now Alan, looking forward to the meet.

Clear skies all.

Not long to go now Alan, looking forward to the meet.

Clear skies all.

Thanks mate, hope your ok, will be in touch :)

Looking forward to the 7th - It will be an opportunity to put some faces to names. Hope the weather is kinder than it is at the present.

Shall we bring our own scopes if the skies are clear ?? Not really sure what happens at these meets ?

Damn Bridge tolls !!

Edited by Horus

Looking forward to the 7th - It will be an opportunity to put some faces to names. Hope the weather is kinder than it is at the present.

thanks Martin, I do hope we have some clear skies :glasses1:

Shall we bring our own scopes if the skies are clear ?? Not really sure what happens at these meets ?

Damn Bridge tolls !!

Hi Rich, bring your scope by all means, in the event of weather spoiling any chance to observe it's still worth it, it will be handy to show anyone interested in what we all use kit wise. We will have plenty of room indoors and at least you'll get a brew, must be worth the bridge fee :), curse them! :glasses1: