SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

was wondering

skywatcher69

It was probably more a case of "bad reviewer" - I have one of these scopes and it's a smashing little performer. It really comes to life with a couple of half decent eye pieces - unfortunately the supplied ones aren't up to much imho :)

I'm surprised to hear it has bad reviews, it's one of the most highly praised entry level scopes about.

I was also AMAZED to read that there are bad reviews of this scope out there. It is perhaps the most highly regarded "starter" scope available.

As brant says..........the supplied EP's are not great but with a couple of better EP's the scope really comes alive.

I have the Dob version of this scope (Heritage 130P) and it is a cracker. Yes i have spent a few pounds on a couple of top quality EP's and it really is a different scope with these EP's.

It was probably more a case of "bad reviewer" - I have one of these scopes and it's a smashing little performer. It really comes to life with a couple of half decent eye pieces - unfortunately the supplied ones aren't up to much imho :)

could you recommend me some eye pieces you think i should be gettin for best viewing? :(

Hi Skywatcher69,

How the scope will perform on galaxies and nebulae depends partly on how much light pollution you will be using it under. To assess this, do you know what is the faintest magnitude of star you can see with the naked eye ? If it's no fainter than magnitude 2 you will struggle to see many galaxies, nebulae and faint stars (but planets are not much affected by light pollution).

Archived