Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ORION, 55 hoours.

ollypenrice

Let's not derail a stunning image...

Comon Olly, We want the FULL SIZED one :)

I did post it up in there somewhere!! Here it is. It isn't fullsize, that doesn't look good. The sampling rate is not exactly ideal at 85mm FL so I think this is as big as I want you to see it!!!

Widefield images including mosaics and overlays. - ollypenrice's Photos

Thanks for the kind comments.

Olly

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AMAZING.

This photo should be shown in schools as it puts the whole constellation in context. In fact, there's a project for you - a book called "Constellations and the deep sky in context by Ollly Penrice".

I would love to see a bigger version of this.

Best,

Mike

Olly,

That is jaw-droppingly good! Undoubtedly the best widefield of Orion I have seen.

I see from the site you sent us to to see a larger copy that I can order prints. I am definitely going to do that.

Thank you for such a brilliant image.

old_eyes

I missed the fact that this was taken with a Samyang 85. I'll be honest, I wouldn't have expected this kind of quality from a third party lens. It goes to show how photographic lenses from these manufacturers are coming on leaps and bounds, same as those making Chinese factories making telescopes.

What I find really incredible about images like this is how massive - and incredibly faint - these objects really are. It's one thing to look in the direction of M51 and think "there's a pretty thing there, but it's too small and faint to see it", but quite another to look at Orion, and remember that there are clouds of dust and gas that cover half the sky.

Archived