Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ORION, 55 hoours.

ollypenrice

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All the new people who are joining the forum and who want to get into imaging should look at this image to see how good things can get but equally, appreciate all the hard work it takes to produce.

James

Yes, I've just stopped dead in my tracks having seen this... I was compiling my shopping list.. but calculating investment & life expectancy I'm wondering if I have really left it too late.. :)

I am just sitting here shaking my head in awe. it's amazing.

top work Olly. to think this is all packed into a relatively small area of sky too (relatively speaking). if only we had ccd eyes.

I'm still not wanting to be an imager though :)

Well Ollie, what a job that must have been, working with such a huge mosaic! I am surprised you survived!! :)

Largest area I have seen, I hope you had a VERY large G & T after!!!!!!! You earned it

Good idea Fay but as I have just had breakfast...

Olly

Nice one Olly!

Hi Olly,

I downloaded it. Stretch the **** out of it. Dave.

I was chastised for using asterisks instead of expletives! Following that, I re-read the rules and found that you can not put links to ones own website, yet lots of people do. I have followed several of these links and have found links to astronomy tours, suppliers etc.

:)

Congrats on finishing it Olly! Looked promising from the beginnings, and the finished result certainly doesn't disappoint; a real stunner!

I like that you haven't boosted the wide ha regions too much, it keeps the brighter nebula in contrast giving it a more natural feel.

Nice one Olly!

I was chastised for using asterisks instead of expletives! Following that, I re-read the rules and found that you can not put links to ones own website, yet lots of people do. I have followed several of these links and have found links to astronomy tours, suppliers etc.

:)

You are quite right. Won't do it again. It was my way of saying that no matter what I did I couldn't find the seams.

Dave.

Archived