SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEQ6

After much thought and persuision from you guys I am really considering buying the NEQ6 for my 200P

Mainly as i wanted to upgrade to goto / have motors so I can track, but also so its futureproof.

The one question I have is this.. I carry my EQ5 out with the mount on the tripod.. But do you all do this with your eq6's ?

I have to carry the mount from the house to the garden so just wonder how you all get on.

Cheers

Do you carry the EQ6 mount whilst connected to the tripod ?

Im not small and my backs pretty good ( just need to excercise more ) as i do occasionally get problems, but thats just due to bad posture and lack of excersice.

I have a mount that's the same size as the NEQ6. I carry the head and tripod as a unit. I suppose it depends on strength and technique. As someone with a " Glass back " I do try to keep straight and not be tempted to lean forward when carrying. I do take the weights off first !

Dave.

It is a fairly heavy setup which I carry out when I plan to use.

I tend to take the mount (tripod and head) out minus the weights, in a sort of bear hug grip cradling the underside of the mount itself. Never try it with the counterweights on as this will be very heavy and make the mount itself unbalanced when carrying.

HTH

I've been carrying the whole thing (tripod, mount, ota) in one go, but I think, after feeling the weight of the EQ6 mount on it's own without a tripod, I'll be taking it out in parts when I upgrade!!

Yes I agree with taking the mounts off. Its a struggle with the EQ5 ( mainly due to the balancing issue )

I think FLO are going to get a call soon from me asking for an NEQ6 lol.

Hope the missus does not read this, and if you are hello :) lol

When i first got my NEQ6 I was surprised by the size and weight of it. Got used to it now. I carry the whole setup with SW 150P attached - admittedly ony 20 to 30 yrds. If you are fit not a problem. Only tricky bit is crossing the wooden decking if it is damp

I split mine not because I really have to but I find it convenient to take the legs out and set them up where I want pointing North and get them level before then taking the mount out and simply sitting it on top and fastening the retaining bolt.

Of course as has been said, the weights are seperate and added just before the scope is.

I keep my EQ6 on its tripod (with the spreader in place) in my shed. The tripod legs are not extended i.e. as short as they can be and the shed has an extra wide door.

Picking it up and carrying it isn't too bad but maneuvering it through the doorway requires some care.

I would not consider carrying it with weights and / or OTA in place.

Mike

I keep my EQ6 on its tripod (with the spreader in place) in my shed. The tripod legs are not extended i.e. as short as they can be and the shed has an extra wide door.

Picking it up and carrying it isn't too bad but maneuvering it through the doorway requires some care.

I would not consider carrying it with weights and / or OTA in place.

Mike

That is similar to what I have - i.e. to take the whole setup out in one piece wouldnt fit through my door!!!

Well done on the purchase jasonp you wont regret it!

You won't regret the purchase, but you will have to feed and water it for a couple of days to help it bed in!:):D I would introduce it to the garden slowly and make sure there are no other mounts about, mine went completely mental when it saw my photographic tripod!!!

Congratulations!

James

Archived