SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

sky watcher eps

i am going to be ordering myself a skywatcher explorer 130p and was wondering if the eps that it comes with are actually any good or should i be looking to upgrade them asap? it only comes bundled with a 10mm and 25mm so i will be looking to get one smaller and one larger straight away. would this be a good start or should i save a little and just get a box set?

I have seen the vixen NPL series on FLO and they seem to be in my price range (for a complete set of 3 or 4) am i going to see a REAL difference over the stock eps or should i be looking at a different manufacturer?

thanks for any help it is really appreciated, i thought choosing the correct scope was difficult but eps are just doing my head in. And i havent even thought about barlows yet........

Eyepieces and accessories generally are confusing - there is just so much choice !. Thats why the general advice given is to get your scope and use it a few times before buying other things for it, other than perhaps a good observing guide.

Once you have used the scope your choice will be much better informed by your own experiences as well as advice from the forum.

Once you have used the scope your choice will be much better informed by your own experiences as well as advice from the forum.

I probably got the same EP's with my scope but used them for a couple of months before buying any more. The 25mm is quite good and the 10mm isn't really that bad.

As I said I used them for a while before deciding on what I needed next, for me the first purchase was the Telrad. Next came the 32mm Panaview as I wanted a larger FOV and then it went on and on and on.

Thanks for the info there guys, will 'suck it and see' then after a few outings will make a decision then. How do people rate zoom eps? are they worth the investment as they look tempting and will save a bit of time finding/changing between many different eps in a box. Just another idea to think about.

Eps? Brilliant... I have spent ages looking into eps (get it?) What I mean is - I have spent ages researching! I also have the Skywatcher 10mm & 25mm I also got a 2x Barlow with my scope. However, I noticed the other night whilst looking at the moon that the view seems to be much clearer without the using barlow!

There was a great thread from Warthog on this forum explaining all things eps which leads me to believe I should have an 8mm 18mm and 25mm... I have looked at plossls and I think I will be investing in some of them soon... Televue seem to get good feedback but it does seem most people on this site have different favs... Good luck with your hunting!

I have read warthogs post on eps that's what lead me to believe that I would need others in my collection to make my scope more usable but apparently the stock eps will sufice for now. I just so much choice out there and so many different recommendations its hard to tell if go doing the right thing :)

Having a few sessions with the scope is the right thing to do. The choice won't go away and at least you will have some experience of your own to add to the decision making process.

Your scope will be quite usable with the stock eyepieces.

Archived