Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ANy one around the north west leicester/south derbyshire area?

Mark-mck

Hello awaywitethestars.

to be honest with you i'm a noob and dont even have a decent scope yet (have one bought from argos that was a prezzie) so no i havn't a clue as to any dark sky spots, was hoping someone could let me know of any.

Mark.

P.S. i dont suppose you have any advice on a decent scope do you?

LMAO, you have just described me :) LOL

Have been interested in the stars for about 18months now. All started from seeing my first meteor shower, thought it was so awesome, made a point of going out and watching all the showers through the year.

Now 18months on am looking to buy my first scope... So have joined here to try and learn and get some advice about what scope to buy...as have you i guess :)

So really couldnt advise, but will wish you Good Luck!! ;)

There's so many scopes to choose from it's mind boggeling!.

i've always been fascinated with the stars and space (perhaps that explains why startrek has always had so much appear to me lol) so i've no idea why i've never taken up astronomy as a hobby before now.

One reason i'm finding it hard to decide on a scope is because i've been seduced by the dark side of astrophotography, so hopefully after i've picked everyones brains on here i'll be snapping away and getting some nice DSO pic's.

i'm having the same problem, i've been looking into what scope to get for about 2 weeks now and i'm no further forward in fact i'm more confused now than i was then.

it's aslo become very apparant that astrophotography isn't cheep, so far i've managed to theoreticaly spend about £2000 getting set up and thats with the basics that i think i'll need, so i wouldn't hold your breath for those pic's they may well be a while in comming.

i'll keep an eye out for decent dark sites and let you know if i find/hear of any. i'm quite lucky as i live in quite a rural area so 5 mins in a car and i'm miles away from anyone, but not sure as to how good the area actually is.

Good to know i am not the only one whi is confused lol.

yes certainly not cheap, like you i can theoretically spend upwards of £1000 on kit! But am looking for something on a much cheaper budget at the mo.

Thanks for that, I will let you know if i find any good spots. Best place i have been so far was in the North Yorkshire moors, was amazing, like a whole different sky! Really dark. But down here we are so light polluted. If you use this as a guide

CfDS: Maps of Light Pollution

We should all move to North Scotland LOL

North Scotland it is lol,

Well when you get up and running you'll have to keep me posted on how you go on, i'm hoping to have a scope decided upon by the weekend. and hopefully bought, not so sure aboutthe photography side of things, that might have to wait a while unless i winn the euro millions this friday lol

Archived