SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A grovelling Apology

Herishi

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comments here about Altair are making me nervous about placing my SkyShed POD order tomorrow.

Of course, the alternative would be a dome from Pulsar, and that doesn't bear thinking about...!

EDIT: Oh, and good luck with the scope, Herishi

This is one thread where we want a happy ending, birds singing the sun going down on a nice sunny day with clear skies and a new scope set up ready to go. Hope you get sorted mate and do tell us all when you receive your new scope. Good luck with it when it arrives.

The Stargazing Live show must've caught a lot of suppliers on the hop, but I'm another fan of FLO and found their service to be the best. Simple as that.

The comments here about Altair are making me nervous about placing my SkyShed POD order tomorrow.

Of course, the alternative would be a dome from Pulsar, and that doesn't bear thinking about...!

EDIT: Oh, and good luck with the scope, Herishi

I'd put a deposit on it before driving there just to be sure, oh and thanks for the well wishes everyone for the scope

This is one thread where we want a happy ending, birds singing the sun going down on a nice sunny day with clear skies and a new scope set up ready to go. Hope you get sorted mate and do tell us all when you receive your new scope. Good luck with it when it arrives.

The Stargazing Live show must've caught a lot of suppliers on the hop, but I'm another fan of FLO and found their service to be the best. Simple as that.

I'm hoping all is well for delivery tomorrow, if i get it I'll take some unboxing pics and close ups as there is not many pics of the 150p on the web.

Man what a load of palava to get a telescope! Dont worry though it will get sorted soon I hope then you can wait for the next 6 weeks for the dam clouds to clear so you can use it. Joking..

I placed an order for an item that was listed as being in stock and have now been told it will take 3 weeks to get to me how rubbish is that. If you have not got it in stock up date the website so we now were not going to get it instead of taking the money and saying now you can wait.. that just plain and simply sucks and miffs off the customer. Hope you get your scope soon.:)

Read this thread with interest - apart from the poor customer service received (and there is no excuse for that) it seems like the exceptional demand has taken most suppliers by suprise - but there is NO - I repeat NO excuse for websites advertising things as in stock when they are quite clearly not - I see this all year round in my business and it drives me to distraction - so many websites advertise as items as being " in stock" when all they do is order it direct from the manufacturer - I often have to find items which manufacturers have a delay on and it seems like every web site and their brother have it "in stock" until really pressed - The conversation goes" is it in stock?" - "Yes Sir" - "is it physically in your warehouse?" - "well, no Sir, we order it direct from the manufacturers" Arrrgghh!

Anyway, sorry, rant over - Hope your scope arrives soon Heishi

This is one thread where we want a happy ending, birds singing the sun going down on a nice sunny day with clear skies and a new scope set up ready to go. Hope you get sorted mate and do tell us all when you receive your new scope...

I hope that this marks the end of Herishi's spell of bad luck.

I'd put a deposit on it before driving there just to be sure...

That's good advice. I'll talk to them tomorrow. I might just pay for delivery, but either way, it'd be frustrating to discover my dome got sold to someone else!

Man what a load of palava to get a telescope! Dont worry though it will get sorted soon I hope then you can wait for the next 6 weeks for the dam clouds to clear so you can use it. Joking..

I placed an order for an item that was listed as being in stock and have now been told it will take 3 weeks to get to me how rubbish is that. If you have not got it in stock up date the website so we now were not going to get it instead of taking the money and saying now you can wait.. that just plain and simply sucks and miffs off the customer. Hope you get your scope soon.:)

I think the "in stock" part on pulsars website is just text rather than an actual indicator of stock level, I'll "view source" the page tomorrow and check it out :-)

Its a good indicator of how good or bad a company is when they ignore a mistake you point out like ts stock level, I bet pulsar still advertise as in stock!

Anyone work for trading standards I'm sure this is false advertising!

Steve

If this thread turns into a supplier bashing thread - which IMO it's getting close to.

I WILL REMOVE IT.

Ant

Hi Ant

I thought the recent posts were showing a positive trend???

Even I might have some luck as my scope is shown as "out for delivery" so it should be a matter of hours away :):):hello2:

Imagine how much worse it would be if no-one could get advise and peoples experiences with suppliers, which there are quite a few that have had positive experiences, take Altiar astro, I had a terrible experience, however others on here have had excellent service from him. I thought this thread showed a good balance in experiences.

Steve

We have an area for Supplier reviews which I've already pointed you to...

This is a welcome thread - not the place for supplier reviews.

I think the "in stock" part on pulsars website is just text rather than an actual indicator of stock level, I'll "view source" the page tomorrow and check it out :-)

Its a good indicator of how good or bad a company is when they ignore a mistake you point out like ts stock level, I bet pulsar still advertise as in stock!

Anyone work for trading standards I'm sure this is false advertising!

Steve

You're even accusing them of false advertising. Stop now or this thread will go. I hate getting all high and mighty like this - but we have a Code of Conduct that needs to be followed.

Ant

We have an area for Supplier reviews which I've already pointed you to...

This is a welcome thread - not the place for supplier reviews.

You're even accusing them of false advertising. Stop now or this thread will go. I hate getting all high and mighty like this - but we have a Code of Conduct that needs to be followed.

Ant

I checked the view source and it isn't just plain text so I take it all back.

Finally!

/edit

That wouldn't prove anything. Pages are rendered by a server-side application and then transmitted to you, so you could in theory receive a completely static page (when you view its source) but it was dynamically generated from the ground up by the server. Anyway, your scope's arrived so it's a moot point.

Archived