Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mare Crisium, partial mosiac

Zakalwe

Not a patch on some of the other images on here, but here is a little project that I was messing with.

9 panels, combined in Microsoft ICE

The Mare Crisium (The Sea of Crisis)

f9a78d8d.jpg

Mare Crisium (the "sea of crises") is a lunar mare located in the Moon's Crisium basin, just northeast of Mare Tranquillitatis. This basin is of the Pre-Imbrian period, 4.55 to 3.85 billion years ago. This mare is 555 km (345 mi) in diameter, and 176,000 km2 in area. It has a very flat floor, with a ring of wrinkled ridges toward its outer boundaries. Ghost craters, craters that have largely been buried under deposits of other material, are located to the south.

A soil sample from Mare Crisium was successfully brought to Earth on 22 August 1976 by the Soviet lunar mission Luna 24.

Mare Crisium is the site of the Luna 15 crash in 1969.

(Description shamelessly ripped from Wikipedia)

very good, did you use the nexstar

Thank you, and yes.

Slightly re-processed with the missing corner added.

I am getting a little more confident with Registax, so I might redo the whole lot....I think that I can improve on some of the panes (there is pixellation from over-doing the wavelets)

post-21666-133877523372_thumb.jpg

Looking good to me. It can be tempting to over-do the wavelets but I try to resist as best I can. My first attempt at the moon was hopelessly sketchy due to over doing it but luckily at half the pixels it looked reasonable if not over exposed.

Keep up the good work :)

SPACEBOY

Archived