Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Re: Neodymium filter

magician

This isn't meant for you old,No. sorry Experienced hands, but more for newcomers,seriously consider buying a Neodymium filter,if you have any light pollution where you are this thing really works a treat by making the sky Black again! like all filters it will screw into any of your eyepieces,making it good value for the money,there is a lot learn about "Clever" filters ,but I can say hand on heart this is a great investment,and Steve tells me they are a bit cheaper now than they were,I love it!

Cheers Frank

Good advice Arthur!

I would alsoagree with the filter choice. I had the CLS filter which was about 4 times the price and IS a better filter. But I found that it cut out so much light that the exposures I needed where much increased and the mount that I had was not up to it.

My advice, exposures of less than 2 - 3 minutes go with the Neodymium filter, over that then the CLS will be better.

Ant

.... consider buying a Neodymium filter,if you have any light pollution where you are this thing really works a treat by making the sky Black again......

Cheers Frank

This is good news for me as I bought one last week from FLO. It hasn't arrived yet as they were out of stock, but I recieved an email from Steve today saying it has been dispatched. Hopefully I'll get it just as the damn fog clears off! :)

Primarily, it is a visual filter designed to filter out light-pollution. It can also be combined with a UV/IR-Cut-Filter for CCD and digital camera imaging - I hear it is very effective. Six inch aperture is good but it is difficult to say how effective the filter will be on your sky because light pollution can come from a number of sources.

Best to buy from a dealer prepared to take it back if found to be ineffective :)

I've also heard that these filters from Baadar are almost indestructable!

Well maybe not indestructable but they'll certainly live up to a little rough treatment, not that I'm suggesting that you try it :)

Just thjt they are hard wearing, OH [removed word] I'll shut up now.

Ant

Archived