Narrowband

Greetings from Canada!

helloyo53

Hello!

Just joined here a few minutes ago. My name is Brandon, and I'm from Sarnia, a small city in southern Canada. I've been into astronomy since age 4, when my cousin told me how to find out if a star was actually a star or a planet. 11 years later, I'm still hooked, and looking to possibly get a career in the field one day. Living in a city with LOTS of light pollution, I don't get much astronomy related stuff going on in the winter. But in the summer, I go camping most every weekend, and the skies are nice and dark! I have a cheap 2.5" National Geographic refractor. Not the best, but it works. I'm saving up for a newer one though.

Looks like a good forum so far. Can't wait to get involved!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brandon and welcome to the forum.

When I saw the word Canada and instantly became envious thinking of those wide open spaces and jet black skies with far to many stars to look at - then I saw the words 'light pollution' and thought I don't believe it. I thought that was the preserve of living on an over populated island called Britain!

Well it sounds like you've got places that you can observe from anyway. So here's wishing you clear skies (and a new telescope)

James

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I am having a good experience with this forum so far. Since saving a checklist for the Messier Objects, Lunar 100 list, etc. to my computer from here, I am already planning my first startgazing period of 2011 for tonight! I'm excited. :)

Archived