sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

A mans saturday : Good to be a bloke astronomer

Catanonia

Well today was a do nothing day other than MAN jobs.

1st up was a trip to the new Maplins in town to get some stuff for the observatory. A few LED's, a regulated 12v power supply, and even a nice powerful dust blower for cleaning optics.

Definately successful. A bit of soldering to fix a few heaters, even got the glue gun out for a little project fix.

Then out to the observatory to fit and equip and deal with the MN190 dew monkey. Learnt alot about dew, collimation, how to and not to do as well as a few panic attacks when I though things had gone belly up.

So now have all odd jobs on scopes and observatory done.

Just finished with a manly play with my BSA Lightning XL tactical .22 AirRifle with 4-12x50 scope on it. Plinking some paper targets from 30yds :D

What a lovely man day it has been.

What is your favorite man tasks that have to be done... OK woman tasks as well :)

Ok tongue in cheek, betya someone comes along and goes sexiest on this post :evil1:

Edited by Catanonia

Today i picked up a copy of the 2011 Stargazers Almanac that i ordered 2 weeks ago and paid for.

The next 2 hrs was spent looking at fabrics to recover 2 armchairs i got from my grandmothers house a couple of months ago when she died.

I really think i need to spend tomorrow doing "man stuff".

Think i'll go down to my local rugby club and watch them train/play.

Edited by LukeSkywatcher

Went beating with my Springer.

Now that is a mans day !!!!

Tomorrow I am going with my dad to the land he gamekeeps with the rifle.

Paper targets only mind :D

We will though have a black lab and springer with us :evil1:

Edited by Catanonia

A hot stone massage, facial, pedicure, manicure and topped off with some new clothes a chick flick and a nice meal.

Alternately tuning the svope and kit to perfection with the help of my eldest as its mum and son bonding.

I feel somewhat warmed now and complete :D

I spent a good few hours with the chainsaw cutting more wood for the log store and hauling it back with the tractor.

Don't really have a favourite "man task" though. I spend my working week writing software and doing similar stuff with a computer, so anything that has some tangible physical result is always good to do, whether it's DIY or digging the veggie plot, looking after my bees or any of the many other projects I never seem to have enough time for.

James

A hot stone massage, facial, pedicure, manicure and topped off with some new clothes a chick flick and a nice meal.

I did all that and bought a new handbag. I don't know why but my wife gets really embarressed when I go on one of these benders.

:D

Edited by rowan46