Chosen scope...what should my wish list be?

Thank you everybody who has took the time to patiently guide me in choosing my first telescope. Lets just call the ALDI episode a bad experience and move on quietly.

Before I place my order tomorrow with that nice chap, Martin, what goodies should I put on my Wish List to go with my proposed SkyWatcher 200P Dob?

I'm after suggestions more along the lines of maintenance and other such essentials to get me up and running at the moment rather than gold-plated EP's and suchlike, but as its a Beginner's Wish-list, knock yourselves out.

A copy of SkyAtlas 2000 by Wil Tirion and a set of earplugs to use every time anyone tells you that using a computer outside, with a red sheet to make it less blinding than Las Vegas, is okay for visual observing!! (Old fahioned so and so, I am.) Getting a tip-top dark adaptation is the key. So you need a red head torch as well. You can buy them red already or stick some red acetate over a white one, but do get the LED kind, now almost universal. I am stuck with computers in my imaging life but in visual observing, keep it DARK.

Oh, and a bottle of single malt for afterwards to help you digest the glories you have just beheld...

Olly

Archived