Are you uninteresting???

WayBig

Seen in today's "Metro" free newspaper, allbeit in a section on improving your life

...."Do you have far too much interesting stuff to talk about at dinner parties? It could be time to take up astronomy...."

followed by a comment about monocles being optional, and a stock joke about the pronounciation of "Uranus"

then showing a Tasco 700x60 that is reduced from £195 to £139...and possibly still overpriced!

I do quite like the quote however...and might put it in my sig!

I sometimes get the metro on the way to work........if i need to cover a soaking wet bench at the station before I sit on it :)

:)

Seen in today's "Metro" free newspaper, allbeit in a section on improving your life

...."Do you have far too much interesting stuff to talk about at dinner parties? It could be time to take up astronomy...."

I wish i picked it up this morning to see that article. Don't normally bother.

Dinner Parties !? ...why, the very idea is anathema to any genuine AA'er! We're all off huddled in some dank dark and cold crevice cringinging from the light-pollution caused by these glass-clanking dine'n'whine soirees! We nibble our rations in iris-dilated solitude, unblinkingly fixated in odd postures, averting our vision and ticking-off our Messiers :)

Just look at the inverse to this..

We're obviously astronomers because we already have too much interesting dinner talk outside of astronomy. :)

I wonder if they're the individuals that discuss TV soaps at dinner parties..

Archived