SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Little Tip with Steaming Up

Ok this might sound daft, and if it's been mentioned before, I'll shut up!

Anyway, when doing visual, I dent to find my EP's steam up (Because I'm so hot! :)) Seriously though, I have found a little cure for the problem.

I have bought some anti mister for motorbike helmet visors which I spray onto a glasses cleaning cloth then just lightly wipe over the EP lens - believe it or not it does work!

I doubt it does any harm to the EP, as I have been doing it for a while now, and it really does help!

Kain

Yup - a shame :)

I used to have the same problem with my bins a lot. The bins'd get left to one side till I needed them and of course they'd get bloomin cold. As soon as I tried using them - mist. I tend to keep them tucked inside the front of my outer jacket nowadays which means they're not as cold so I don't get the mist.

My scope eyepieces don't mist up quite as bad if I keep the lid down on my case. The ones not in use don't get quite so cold so they don't mist up straight away when you take them out and use them.

Any of this make sense?

Wouldn't reccommend anything that is applied to the lens, even the action of wiping with a lens clothe or brush will eventually leave marks, or worse destroy the coating. Touching the surface of any optical surface with anything is the last resort. :nono: :nono:

naz

Archived