Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Project Buran

Stephen

its sad to think that the 2nd major super power of the time just didnt bother after all the hard work and secretly, just imagine they did keep it running the iss would no doubt be finished now and maybe another one, competition can be a powerful tool

its sad to think that the 2nd major super power of the time just didnt bother after all the hard work and secretly, just imagine they did keep it running the iss would no doubt be finished now and maybe another one, competition can be a powerful tool

Competition definitely drives us, I don't find it too hard to imagine we'd be on Mars by now if the Russians hadn't given up.

On a positive note with the Chinese becoming a serious contender, it could drive things forward again in a whole new way :)

Ive seen the Buran shuttle twice....once at the paris airshow, and once at the moscow airshow. I also managed to photograph some half scale shuttles as well as some interesting russian space agency aircraft in flight. I was sent to moscow as a photographer for an aviation publication. I remember being introduced to some interesting people whilst there....they were spies. Back then, the food was bad too. yes our trip had it all!

Archived