SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 2264 CONE NEBULA CHRISTMAS TREE CLUSTER

CELESCOPE

The Cone Nebula lies in the heart of the Christmas tree Cluster, not an easy target :) why do i go for these things hehehe ,

Because you get stunning results, and it's just fascinating how many new things you come out with that many of us haven't heard of, let alone seen, let alone imaged, let alone imaged well!!!

A beautiful cone visible there.

Andrew

Roger, you're brassing me off! How come you manage to get so many images. Do you have your own microclimate down there! This is looking good. Lots of interest in there which shows up well in mono. Another fine image

Aperture, aperture, aperture. I've seen the Cone in the 28", and a couple 16" to 25" scopes, but not in anything smaller. It's as much about training your eye on what to see as anything, though. Think of the Eagle Nebula. You see the complex of gas and dust, but you really have to pour on the power and contrast to see the eagle itself. Same thing here.

Archived