Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

OH WOW !!! Got it my new scope MN190

Catanonia

WOW !!!!!

What a beaut she is and so &*^% big !!!!!

Just spent the last 2 hours stripping obs and re-configuring.

Only problem is I can't focus with my Lumicron Off Axis Guider so anyone want to buy it off me. So now traditional side by side guiding with ED80

So now set up

MN190 + ED80 + WO66 all on Side by Side ADM and 3 counter weights on a NEQ6Pro and nicely balanced.

And would you believe it.......

Clear skies abeit a full moon.

Can't resist.... Quick dirty images / first light Images of the Bodes pair of galaxies with my QHY9 on thier way down :)

Lovely scope :)

If ever you get down this way a shootout article, Mn 190 v TEC140, would be very interesting... I'm not at all sure that His Expensiveness would be the winner...

Olly

definately do fancy a visit mate, jsut when is the problem really.

Tis a nice scope and even in full moon light, bodes is coming out cracking.

Excellent Catatonia, you must be well pleased to try out your new kit so quickly. :)

Alan

Most definately.

Had a few issues with focusing, hoping the colimation is good out of the box from new, been told at the shop they generally are. But clear skies, well couldn't resist mounting it all and giving it a whirl even under full conditions.

Got it from OpticStar in Manchester for £939 with a free laser coliminator thrown in instead of thier cameras. Also bought a dew shield for it as well as apparently (and can tell) they suffer :)

Bodes is now about 2 hours in in 5 min LRGB stacks under a full moon.

Next tomorrow is how the &*%^^ do I do a flat with it :) LOL IT IS HUGE !!!!!!!

How do you guys manage Newt 300's ?????

Most definately.

Had a few issues with focusing, hoping the colimation is good out of the box from new, been told at the shop they generally are. But clear skies, well couldn't resist mounting it all and giving it a whirl even under full conditions.

Got it from OpticStar in Manchester for £939 with a free laser coliminator thrown in instead of thier cameras. Also bought a dew shield for it as well as apparently (and can tell) they suffer :)

Bodes is now about 2 hours in in 5 min LRGB stacks under a full moon.

Next tomorrow is how the &*%^^ do I do a flat with it :) LOL IT IS HUGE !!!!!!!

How do you guys manage Newt 300's ?????

Glad your having fun!

I will look forward to having a look at both the scope and Bode's :)

Alan

A quick piccy of a chilled setup tonight

Bad quality as taken on my iPhone in confined quarters.

MN190 Mounted ADM Side By side with ED80 + WO66 piggy back.

2 EQ6 counterwieghts + equivalent of a 3rd in dumbells :) Can safely say the mount is maxxed out. Just hope it doesn't affect the guiding too much, careful balancing needed me thinks :)

post-16631-133877519677_thumb.jpg

A quick process.

40mins each LRGB in 5 mins.

Lots of messing around, FULL MOON, No flats or darks.

Basically stacked and levels / curves messed with

You can see dust bunnies on chip and moon moving across the image :)

BTW the image is a scaled full frame image from the QHY9 Stack of LRGB ( well very close about 5% crop to get rid of frame misalignement)

LOL

post-16631-133877519692_thumb.jpg

Ok i am very impressed.

A little bit more time on the processing and this appeared.

40mins each channel UNDER A FULL MOON, again no flats or darks.

An i am not in a dark site, if I am lucky i can see the MW under a clear moonless night.

post-16631-133877519719_thumb.jpg

Well the potential is so clear to see. And some of the best images I've seen, on here, are using that Mak-Newt.

You snapped up an awesome scope (which you obviously know :) ) and I'm so looking forward to what you achieve. :)

They're excellent VFM :)

Yup taken with the MN190. Got another few hours worth of data under a full moon to add to the stacks and will somehow work out how to take a flat with the scope and a laptop LCD screen tomorrow :o

Thanks mate, the scope looks REALLY promising.

A QUESTION TO ANYONE.

This is my 1st Newt type scope.

Does the colimination look good on these pictures ????

Never tested, never had one before, just plonked it on mount and fired her up.

ta

Congratulations and lucky you. I've had my SW MN190 Astrograph for two weeks and last night was the first time I was able to view the skies. :)

I'm not as advanced as you with imaging equipment, using a 5DII and SPC900CN for the time being.

Just got my Orion Precision Centering Adapter to replace the eyepiece holder on the 190MN. It allows for a more accurate centering for the Antares collimator (acts like a HoTech) and more secure eyepiece/camera holding.

i have only one reasonable eyepiece, a TeleVue 15mm Plossl and the bog standards that came with my MAK 127. So I'm looking for some more eyepiece that would be suitable for the 190MN viewing both plantetary and DSO.

Tony

Archived