SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What are the best value 10x50 Binoculars for under £70 ?

Tip for heavy bins: Get a camping mattress and lay on that. You can support the weight of the bins on your elbows and eyes. Just lean over to the side and you can survey most of the sky without any strain :D

I am all for a bit of lying down... Thing is I dont want bins that are too heavy to cart about on buses and in taxis and on boats etc (we are doing a lot of travelling this year so I have to think of weight/travel allowance as well)

In Febuary I will be standing on the banks of the river Nile looking up at the skies at night and watching Egypt go by with them as we cruise the Nile, in April I will be in Ireland and cruising round the coast, in July I will be on a cruise round the Norwegian Fjords and I will be stargazing at night and viewing the sights by day so they will have to be light enough to carry...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure you don't need to pay top end prices i.e. Swarovski, Zeiss, Leica. The only reason I have a pair of Zeiss is for my birdwatching.

I was fortunate enough that my dad left me some money and I bit the bullet and went for top end. My dad would have been pleased I think. That said their are some great mid and budget range bins for birding so I imagine the same applies to astronomy.

Archived