Narrowband

Skywatcher 130P and Astrophotography?

I have a SW 130P is imaging possible with this scope using a DSLR? It has a T thread on the focusser, but I have read that you cannot achieve focus with the stock focusser.

Other articles say it might be possible with a barlow attached.

Has anyone tried this scope for astrophotography? I would be interested in any experiences thanks.

i had same problem couldnt get my nikon d50 to focus told not enough focal length no matter what i tried bought a new scope instead only use 130p for solar viewing now got solar filter from astronima £30 and its great

i had same problem couldnt get my nikon d50 to focus told not enough focal length no matter what i tried bought a new scope instead only use 130p for solar viewing now got solar filter from astronima £30 and its great

Did you try a low profile focuser? or moving the primary mirror up the tube on the colimation screws?

• 1 month later...
I have a SW 130P is imaging possible with this scope using a DSLR? It has a T thread on the focusser, but I have read that you cannot achieve focus with the stock focusser.

Other articles say it might be possible with a barlow attached.

Has anyone tried this scope for astrophotography? I would be interested in any experiences thanks.

I tried it. I get only in focus with the included barlow. Without the barlow i cannot get the scope in focus.

Anyone got an idea to get in focus without a barlow or replacing a complete new focusser?

Ye, i will try that tonight. Thanks for the info. I will keep you all updated.

Edit: Just checked. Seems the thread on the focusser is to big for the T-Ring. I got the same telescope on the picture below with the same focusser.

Didnt try it yet, because i am at work. Will try to fit it tonight, but on visual the thread on the focusser seems to be to big.

Which low profile focusser(not to expensive) will fit on this scope and give me garantee focus on my DSLR?

130p1268664855_257.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived