So I didn't quite realize how big it was...

My XT10G arrived today, and it has now been assembled, my dad plans on building a small cart for it, I was wondering till then, what to do? I can't lift the scope myself and dont want to trouble anyone else especially bringing it in at 2 in the morning when I am done.

my method is lean the tube in a corner of the house (or you could lay on the ground). carry the base outside and put it in position. then carry the tube out and place on the mount. when standing to cool, leave the cap off but leave the tube at about 45 degrees.

to bring in, I take the tube in first (lay on ground or in corner) and then the base. place the tube on the base (no caps and at 45 degrees) inside to dry off overnight. in the morning cap everything up and put in its 'home' position in the corner or what have you.

Archived