SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Nikon D70 body repair

Greamy S

Apologies in advance if this thread should be appearing elsewhere as I am a newcomer to imaging. I have at my disposal a Nikon D70 body waiting for repair, I would like to use it to image with my Skymak 127. Is there any particular recommendation or specification I can request whilst the camera body is being repaired and serviced?

All advice and guidance much appreciated. Thanks.

Greamy.

This depends on who is repairing it, but you could ask to have the IR filter removed, which will make it more sensitive to HA emissions. However, be aware that you won't be able to focus to infinity with any of the lenses for normal photography.

Thanks for the tip Shibby, can you expand a little more on the IR filter as I was, as you guessed, planning to buy a lens for use with the body for normal photography. Plan to use Fixation for the repair.

I would recommend Fixation, but I don't think they will remove IR filter for you. You can, or use to be able to, get clear filter replacement for D70. Replacing the camera's hot mirror will make the camera more sensitive to red lights from nebula.

Archived