Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fixing a pier to a concrete base

cgarry

It seems to me that I have two options for fixing my pier to a concrete base.

1) Put 4 x 12mm threaded rods into the concrete as it is poured, obviously sticking out of the top. This seems to be the more tricky option as the rods need to be in the correct position as the concrete is poured and could make getting a smooth level at the top difficult.

2) Drill 4 holes in the concrete base once it has set and glue 4 threaded rods into the holes. This seems the easier option if a suitable adhesive can be identified.

Which option do people think is the best way forward?

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks nebogipfel, just the information I needed.

Chris

You're welcome.

You can get it in two forms if I recall using different type cartridge guns. One version uses a standard mastic gun. Basically it has a double channel nozzle and the 2 components mix as you squeeze it out.

It cures rock hard quite quickly and I can vouch for it's effectiveness. I glued two pieces of threaded rod into my crumbly old cottage wall to hold the toilet cystern :)

My friend used it on nearly every job to hold heavy metalwork onto walls and pillars of various descriptions usually using heavy threaded rod.

I cannot recall the product name but can easily find it out if you need it.

Archived