SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Galaxy M109 - taken a while back

LunarLight

Hey guys

I totally forgot I had this data, I took it way back around summer sometime. My bad about the vignetting my processing/flat taking was no where near upto scratch when I took this but what the hell its my first galaxy :)

Its about 2.30 hours worth of 60 second unguided subs, with 10 darks I think so the image aint great but if you look closely you can see some of the smaller galaxies.

I will also include a link to the full size image

m109roughlyedited.th.jpg

FULL: http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/889/m109roughlyedited.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hawklord - thank you :) indeed more fdarks would have been useful, once I have my guide equipment sorted I will revisit m109.

I tried to get one of the stars of urea major in the bottom corner which I had to cut out because it was excessively burnt out but I have just learned some new processing technique for removing vignetting and layer masking so I will try to process again :-)

Davo - it is a lovely galaxy, I like the spiral structure of this galaxy. 50 million light years is indeed some distance ha!

What really gets me is how many stars we are looking at!

Archived